My mom and sister arrived from Massachusetts on Friday for a five-day visit. Sarah has been enjoying her new audience and regaling them with her antics. She's happy to entertain them as long as Don or I is close by but doesn't want to be left alone with them or have them touch her...a good sign in terms of attachment. Although we felt she was attaching well to us, it's good to have this confirmation, since we haven't had many people around to see what her response would be.
Yesterday, we set out to find pumpkins for the yard (since our efforts at growing our own this year produced about five, all of which quickly rotted). We visited a pick-your-own operation, and Sarah thoroughly enjoyed sharing the wheel barrow with our pickings. As you can see, she's taken fashion cues from both Dad and Mom, opting for a hooded sweatshirt and LLBean field coat....
This morning, she enjoyed seeing photos of her cousins on Auntie Heather's camera....
She put on quite a show rolling around in the papasan chair before dinner this evening. I'm hoping she wore herself out and will sleep soundly (in contrast to last night, when she was awake six times). She almost slept through the night the night before Mom and Heather arrived. I'm afraid all the excitement has derailed her once again. Oh, well, at least we know a restful night is within the realm of possibilities. Maybe once they've left, she'll be able to slay her sleep demons.
I love pumpkin pics!! She is so beautiful
ReplyDelete