Friday, November 19, 2010

On the Road

Last week, we drove to the Tw*n Cities to visit Grandma, Grandpa, Big Sister Rachel and her fiance Matt, and the zoo for the first time!  It was a busy two days, and we all had a great time.  Sarah loved the C*mo Park Zoo; it's a nice little "starter" zoo.  I can't imagine how amazing it must be to see the real animals after looking at pictures in books for so long.  I think she liked the giraffes the best -- there were two mamas with babies (aged three months and six weeks).






Two days later, we drove to W*unakee to visit Big Sister Emily, Omar, and Sophia.  It was great fun watching Sarah and Sophia interact (not a whole lot of cooperative play yet, but they did well overall).  The cutest moment was when Sophia was crying about some injustice and Sarah offered her a tissue.  I found it relaxing to be in a childproof environment with four adults supervising, although it is a little tricky refereeing toddler disagreements.  Then there was Emily's cooking, which is always a treat!  Unfortunately, we took only one photo -- too relaxed, I guess.


 

1 comment:

  1. I love going to C Zoo. I take the kids when they have the gardens in bloom. That's one of our favorite picture-taking places. We plan on spending some time there next summer when my husband's niece comes down to stay for a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete