Friday, November 26, 2010

A Quiet Thanksgiving at Home

With our extended families at least a few hours away, Don and I have spent most of our Thanksgivings at home, just the two of us.  Last year, we flew to M*ssachusetts to be with my family, and it was the first time most of them met Sarah.  This year, we'll be going back East for New Year's, so it was the three of us here.  We had a fairly simple meal, with all of the requisite side dishes (which, for me, are whole cranberry sauce, butternut squash, peas, and pearl onions -- love the taste and the colors!).  At the last minute on Wednesday, I made three mini apple pies with the last of the apples from our trees.  The crust was tough, but they were yummy anyway!
Sarah and Mom in the kitchen (I think Sarah can cook as well as I can!)

Dad and Sarah checking the turkey
 
We have so  much to be thankful for!

Sarah with her Tiffany plate and cup (thanks, Uncle Bill and Jane!) and special silver (thanks, Grammy!)

It looks as though she had a well-rounded meal, but she ate only the turkey and biscuit.

Dad had the great idea to go for a walk after dinner.  It was 18 degrees and windy!

2 comments:

  1. Somehow, I think the "great idea" is laced with a bit of sarcasm... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julianna ate about the same things - although she was also eating collards of all things!!

    ReplyDelete