Friday, November 5, 2010

So Much for Childproofing

Under the new, relaxed, nap regime, if Sarah won't go to sleep, I put the childgate in her doorway and tell her she has to play quietly for a while.  At least I get a bit of a break.  I, of course, was sure that her room was safe for unsupervised activity.

I just released her from confinement and went over to turn off the floor lamp by her rocking chair, only to find a bare screw where the knob had been.  She's fascinated with screwing and unscrewing the tops of containers these days and obviously practiced a little on the lamp. 

With unwelcome thoughts of finding the errant piece in her diaper tomorrow, I turned and asked her where the knob was.  She proudly reached into her jeans pocket (also a relatively new habit) and produced her prize.  Whew!  Guess I'll have to take it with me from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment