Monday, November 1, 2010

Meow...I Mean, Trick or Treat!

Sarah was a kitty this year, because I found an adorable cat costume at a garage sale (I'm going to savor this simple time, when I can choose her outfit based on expediency and she doesn't complain).  She loves it and has been wearing it around the house for weeks.  Sometimes she just drags it around, rubbing the fuzzy tail against her cheek. 

She got to wear it to storytime at the library on Wednesday and again last night.  I thought she might be uncooperative once Trick or Treat time arrived, but she was excited to put it on.  We visited three neighbors' houses, and though she was shy at the doors, she obviously thought the payoff was worth it and kept asking for "more" each time we left a house.  When we returned home, she excitedly showed Daddy her haul. 

Of course, Mom restricted her to sharing a snack-size Nestle Crunch bar last night, and some of her loot went to Montana with Daddy this morning.  That's right, Sarah and I are on our own again for a week while Don and Cadi hunt pheasants.  We've got a lot of social events planned, so I hope that will minimize the degree to which we get on each other's nerves.  So far, Sarah behaves very well in public.  I'm sure the clock is ticking on that....


(I can't seem to upload any more photos right now.  I'll try to add more later.)

1 comment:

  1. We bought our costumes at a garage sale too--the lady had twins a year older than Grant! Our total out of pocket for costumes, toy hats and guns: $4! My kind of Halloween! Sarah looks darling!

    ReplyDelete