Saturday, March 20, 2010

Tea Time

I've been eyeing the Green Toys tea set (made of recycled milk bottles -- how cool is that?) online for months now and trying to hold off until Sarah's birthday to buy it for her.  It's supposedly for ages 3+, so I thought I might be pushing things a bit, anyway.  Not long ago, a good friend gave us a gift card to Toys R Us, so we went yesterday to see if they had it (frankly, it's not something I would expect to find at Toys R Us).  They did!

So yesterday afternoon, I unboxed the set, sat Sarah down at her little table, and showed her how to use it.  Since she's never seen anyone drink tea from a teapot, I thought she'd find the whole thing confusing.  To the contrary, she picked up the idea right away and started pouring tea.  I offered her "sugar" from the bowl, and soon she was eating it by the spoonful and saying, "Mmmmmmm."

1 comment:

  1. Aww...I love the last picture. She's definitely a sharp one...just like her parents (and siblings!). :-D

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete