Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fall Fun

Last Friday, Sarah's class met at a local apple orchard on their day off.  She was very excited to see her school friends and pointed them all out to me.  As always, she was reserved and stuck close to me while the other kids ran around playing.  After she and I did the corn maze a few times, however, I convinced her to do it with her friend Aubrynn, and she was quite proud to lead Aubrynn to the scare crow. 

Sarah had her first lesson in peer pressure when Aubrynn wanted to go into the haunted house.  She was hesitant, but I let Aubrynn lead her into the building as I followed.  As soon as the door closed and it got dark, Sarah froze.  I leaned down and asked her if she wanted to go, and she said, "No."  I told her all she had to do was say, "No, thank you" when someone asks her to do something she doesn't want to, and we left.  She was obviously relieved.





No comments:

Post a Comment