Last trip, I bought two packages, thinking this would assure a steady supply for our bathroom. She unwrapped and distributed one, as usual, then put the other, untouched, in her bathroom. She is going to be either a shrewd business person or a benevolent (I hope) dictator when she grows up.
On a serious note, I do think she's developing a bit of a scarcity mentality. She often tells me not to eat all of something (nuts, pretzels, etc.), and asks if there is more of what she's enjoying, even though she has plenty. This is a common trait in kids who spent time in an orphanage, where food can be scarce. As far as we know, however, Sarah did not, so I'm not sure where it comes from.
Curiously, I started to notice it right after we returned from our trip to M*ssachusetts, where she observed her three cousins squabbling over things. Perhaps she picked up on their competitiveness, and it hasn't occurred to her that she's an only child with everything she needs, and plenty of it!







No comments:
Post a Comment