Saturday, November 19, 2011

These Boots Are Made for Striking a Pose

Wednesday, Sarah and I went to the mall for lunch and a little shopping.  We rarely do this, as I'm kind of a stickler for healthy food and not much of a shopper, but we had a play date in the morning, and Sarah needed new shoes, so I figured it was the most expedient plan.  Sarah loved the treat, of course, and I'll have to say I was impressed by the quality (not to mention quantity!) of the chicken tenders I bought her.  Fried, yes, but relatively unprocessed.

She needed some basic brown Mary Janes to wear to church.  JCPenney had a great sale, so we headed there.  Unfortunately, it was on the opposite end of the mall from the food court, and the walk just about wore her out.  We passed Santa on the way, and I couldn't even get her to wave to him from 20 feet away.  By the time we reached the store, she was not in a shopping frame of mind.

The one pair of brown shoes they had didn't come small enough for her, so I looked for other options.  I saw a pair of Ugg-like boots in a natural color and decided they'd work with dresses and leggings for winter, so I had Sarah try them on.  I thought they were adorable, but she didn't like them.  The saleswoman asked her, "Which ones DO you like?" and Sarah quickly pointed to the same boots in hot pink.  They hit her feet, and her face lit up.  Never underestimate the mood-altering powers of footwear....

Today, I told Sarah I wanted to get a picture of her in her new boots, and she willingly obliged.  She's turning into quite a ham.








And, finally, a sweet pose....

No comments:

Post a Comment