Sunday, November 6, 2011

Late Fall Fun

It's been a busy week.  First was Halloween.  Sarah wanted to be a ladybug again, so we headed to Goodwill.  I was hoping not to spend much because first, I'm cheap, and second, I knew she wouldn't get a lot of use out of it.  Halloween isn't a big holiday for the reticent.  Fortunately, Goodwill had a relatively inexpensive costume that I finished with a black turtleneck and jeans.  She was happy with it and loved the black spots on her cheeks.

She wore her outfit to our play group's potluck, and I managed to get her to keep the vest on until after we ate.  After that, she looked more like a cat burglar than a ladybug.  On Halloween night, she was eager to get dressed up again and posed happily on the front porch.  We visited two neighbors' houses on the cul-de-sac behind us, and she managed to mutter "Trick or treat" each time.  After the second, she said, "Let's go home."  She had probably the smallest haul of any trick or treater, but she was happy, and I was thrilled.










I can't resist throwing in a shot of her first appearance as a ladybug two years ago.  What a change!


Later in the week, I got her her very own rake. In typical Sarah style, she went right to work in the front yard and spent about 30 minutes making a pile, even though the breeze was working against her. She chased after her irreverent quarry constantly yelling, "Hey, come back here, leaf!"



Friday night, we attended a National Ad*ption Month celebration at the La Cr*sse Children's Museum. We had never been there (again, the cheap factor) and were pleasantly surprised by the variety and quality of the exhibits. Sarah had a ball. She was the most relaxed and carefree that I've ever seen her in public. I don't know if it was because Don was along, which is unusual, or because of the uncrowded conditions, but she really enjoyed herself. It was a joy to watch. We may have to buy a membership! 






The juice pouch and cookie at the end capped off a perfect evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment