Last week, Sarah had her three-year checkup. I'm happy to report that doctor's visits have become fairly routine and even somewhat enjoyable for her (there's a potty book in the examination room that she loves). It helps that she no longer has to get undressed and lie on the baby scale. She happily steps onto the floor scale and obediently backs up to the wall to be measured. She is now 38" tall (72nd percentile) and 34 lbs., 6 oz. (81st percentile). I found it interesting that they also calculated her body mass index (BMI), which is 17 (80th percentile). The doctor declared her healthy and height-weight proportional.
I asked the pediatrician about having Sarah see a specialist for her exotropia (the optometrist we saw in January suggested we come back in 6-9 months). She recommended seeing an opthalmologist and scheduled an appointment in September with the same one Sarah saw in late 2009 (a nightmarish visit involving two rounds of drops, each of which sent Sarah into hysterics, and our refusing a third). As you can imagine, I'm anxious about this, but I guess we'll see how it goes. She's come a long way from the scared little girl she was almost two years ago, so maybe it will be fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment