Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cool Shades

Much to my surprise, Sarah's eyes are very sensitive to light.  I had always been told that my eyes were sensitive because the irises are so light. So, I assumed that since Sarah's eyes are so dark (you have to look really hard to even make out her pupils) they would tolerate light better.  Wrong.  She complains in the car when the sun hits her face and has actually cried when the sun comes through her bedroom window and hits her.  Odd.

I bought a pair of sunglasses at Target for her last summer but had to return them because they were too narrow for her round face.  I did some searching on the Internet and came across Frubis, soft wrap-around sunglasses for kids ages 0-5.  They arrived yesterday, and I was curious to see how Sarah would react to them.  I half expected her to take them right off.  On the contrary, she loved them!  She wore them around the house looking at everything through her amber lenses and exclaiming "oh!" over and over again.  So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment