Monday, December 10, 2012

A Girl of Simple Tastes

At dinner Saturday night, I mentioned that I was going Christmas shopping this afternoon.  Sarah asked if she could come, and I said, "No, I'm shopping for you."  She, of course, responded, "What are you getting me?"  When I said I wouldn't tell her, she proceeded to guess...and wouldn't give up. 

After about five minutes, I'd had enough, so when she said, "Paper towels?"  I said, "Yes!!"  You should have seen the look of self-satisfaction on her face.  She was so pleased that she finally guessed correctly.  She paraded around the house, singing, "I'm getting paper towels!  I'm getting paper towels!" and she's still talking about it. 

Fortunately, T*rget had a good supply, and I didn't even have to fight off the other moms.  Apparently, other four-year-olds aren't as taken with paper products as mine is.  I figure a roll of toilet paper and a box of tissues, and I can cross her name off my list.

1 comment:

  1. Very clever, you. I'm encouraging my two GGD's
    fascination with rocks - lots of possibilities
    there! It'll be a long time before I go through all the ones I've collected over the years...<3

    ReplyDelete