Friday, November 2, 2012

Penguin on Parade

Sarah told me weeks ago that she wanted to be a penguin for Halloween.  Since I knew we'd be in M*ssachusetts right before and was feeling a bit overwhelmed with move details, I found a pattern for a costume online and enlisted my mom and sister's help pulling it together.  They took Sarah shopping to buy the materials and cut everything out while Don and I were househunting (thank you!).  We put it together for a trial run there, then were ready to roll when we got back home late the night before the big day.

She wore it to school on Wednesday and marched in the 4K and kindergarten parade around the hallways. 



We went tr*ck or tr*ating after dinner and hit a whopping three neighborhood houses.  She was plenty pleased with her small haul (as was I).  I wonder how many years she'll be satisfied with a low-key celebration.  I'm enjoying it while it lasts.



I have to end with a shot of her with the plastic teeth she got at school.  She wanted to wear them with her costume, but I convinced her that penguins don't have fangs.

No comments:

Post a Comment