Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mother's Day III

My third Mother's Day, and the most enjoyable yet.  Sarah was super excited to give me my card (which she addressed and signed herself) and gifts -- Ghirardelli dark chocolate (heavenly), coffee gift certificate (Mama loves her mochas), and Bossypants by Tina Fey (hmmm, I wonder if the title has any relevance). 

After church, we joined our friends Mary Ann, Martin, and Emmett (age 21 months) for a yummy brunch.  I quite like our developing habit of spending holidays together as extended family.  We "older" parents enjoy each other's company, and Sarah and Emmett get a kick out of each other.  It's fun to watch them both change and grow.

In the afternoon, we visited one of our farmer neighbors who had a mare and week-old baby.  It was Sarah's first time seeing a foal, and she loved it.

To top things off, I received sweet cards from my mom and Emily, Omar, Sophia, and Lola (my new grand-puppy).  I'm one lucky woman and so grateful for all the love in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment