Speaking of Peachy, it's been fun to watch Sarah develop a relationship with her. Peachy is a sort of Aunt Bea-type -- maybe 60 years old, always happy and friendly. She took a liking to Sarah right away, but of course Sarah was recalcitrant. Peachy plied her with stickers for a year or so, then added nearly used rolls of register receipts. Sarah finally started talking to her a month or so ago.
She's now in a note-writing phase. She jots tiny hieroglyphics on her note pad, rips off the page, folds it in half, and hands it to Dad or Mom. The other day, as we pulled into the parking lot at the grocery store, she said, "I want to give Peachy a note." Fortunately, she had one handy. As we checked out, Sarah handed Peachy the note, and of course, Peachy was pleased as punch. On the way home, I told Sarah how nice it was that she gave Peachy a note and how happy it made her. Sarah now occasionally says proudly, "I gave Peachy a note, and it was very, very nice."







Peachy is one of my favorites, too. I hope Sarah continues to write those notes, because they sound absolutely fabulous!
ReplyDelete-Kari