It didn't feel much like spring, with temps in the 20s and winds gusting to 30 MPH, but we dressed warmly and had a great time (although I really wish I had a snowsuit like Sarah's). Sarah loved riding in the horse-drawn wagon and petting the calf that was penned up within reach of small hands. We all enjoyed a yummy organic pancake brunch with fresh maple syrup, scrambled eggs, sausage and homemade blueberry yogurt. (Okay, I didn't eat the sausage, and Don and Sarah didn't touch the yogurt, but it all evened out.)
On the way home, Sarah talked about the horses (up until then, she called them "neighs") and the "BA-by moo cow" (pronounced the way you'd coo to a human baby). After a short nap in the car, she lounged in the sunroom, enjoying her afternoon snack and her Wild Animal Baby magazine.







No comments:
Post a Comment