Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Special Season

Last June, as I waited anxiously for our referral, I kept myself busy by picking strawberries in our backyard patch -- 65 quarts in all.  For me, they will always represent the sweetness of becoming a mom.

I froze most of the berries, and Don, Sarah, and I have enjoyed them all winter.  There's nothing like feeding your daughter fruit you've grown organically on your own land! 

On Monday, we picked the first berry of the season. Guess who got to enjoy it!  The picking is going much more slowly this year, as I have to keep stopping to give Sarah another choice berry to munch on (only the biggest and reddest for my girl).  I may have to turn her loose in the patch pretty soon and let her forage for herself. 


1 comment:

  1. I have to say that Sarah's vocalizations have thrown me recently. I'll hear her across the way and do a double take to try to figure out where the sound is coming from! Apparently, she's asking for more berries!
    -Kari

    ReplyDelete